Thursday, May 11, 2006

The Devil’s Beatitudes



















1. Blessed are those who are too tired, too busy, too distracted to spend an hour once a week with their fellow Christians - they are my best workers.
2. Blessed are those Christians who wait to be asked and expect to be thanked-I can use them.
3. Blessed are the touchy who stop going to church -- they are my missionaries.
4. Blessed are the trouble makers-they shall be called my children.
5. Blessed are the complainers-I'm all ears to them.
6. Blessed are those who are bored with the minister's mannerisms and mistakes-for they get nothing out of his sermons.
7. Blessed is the church member who expects to be invited to his own church-for he is a part of the problem instead of the solution.
8. Blessed are those who gossip-for they shall cause strife and divisions that please me.
9. Blessed are those who are easily offended-for they will soon get angry and quit.
10. Blessed are those who do not give their offering to carry on God's work-for they are my helpers.

3 comments:

  1. Neither...I thought it was a young Christopher Walken?

    ReplyDelete
  2. AnonymousMay 15, 2006

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. AnonymousMay 15, 2006

    I see a slight resemblance to Brian McLaren** ha ha

    ReplyDelete