Saturday, February 26, 2011

Rob Bell...Seriously?


Okay, if you have been a part of this blog for the last four years, or know me personally, I have never quite bought into the person or the teachings of "Rob Bell." Okay so I did buy one of his books "Drops like Stars" but I'm taking it off my shelf tomorrow and using it as a door stop. As Rob Bell is coming out with a new book "Love Wins" on March 29th,2011, I want to provide you a short article but a more compelling promo video that Rob Bell gives himself of the material covered in his new book and challenge you to see if what He is saying jives with what has already been said in God's Word. Click on the link Rob Bell...a Universalist? I'm open for discussion on what ROb Bell says as examined to what the Bible says about who goes to Heaven and Hell!

Way of the Pastor,
Joe Drew

2 comments:

  1. Eric LivingstonFebruary 27, 2011

    Wow! Is there any chance it's a marketing ploy? If not, I'm shocked at the publisher and author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find it shocking that we can't say "ghandi is in hell". Ghandi publically denounced Jesus as the Son of God numerous times on public recored. "Whoever denies me before men, i will also deny before my Father." Matt 10:30.
    Ghandi never repented, that's not being legalistic, that is truth.
    Even if this is a "marketing hoop-la" i have a major problem with that as well. Since when does Jesus need to be "marketed"? The Gospel is shocking enough, the Gospel is controversy to the max, since when did pimping Jesus to sell a book become okay?

    ReplyDelete